Dallas A/C Tips – Indoor Cooling in Extreme Heat
How to Stay Cooler in DFW and Save Money
Heat + Humidity = Dangerous HEAT WAVE!
North Texas Heat Wave Alert
According to DallasNews.com – North Texas is in a heatwave weather pattern. Dallas can expect at least the next 10 days to have temperatures of 100 or higher!
It will be the hottest Dallas has seen so far in 2018, according to National Weather Service meteorologist Lamont Bain. “Strenuous outdoor activities should be limited to the early morning or late in the evening,” Bain said. Triple-digit highs will remain in place for the near future.
During the summer of 1980, there were 42 straight days of triple-digit temperatures from June 23 through Aug. 3, 1980. Even though it is not going to be a record – Dallas residents should keep in mind that it is very hot.
If you have to be outside in the heat, drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Wearing light-colored, loose clothing is best to avoid over-heating. When it is hot and muggy – outdoor workers, joggers and cyclists need to be especially careful. The best advice to avoid heat injuries is to keep hydrated and stay indoors in the air conditioning if it gets too hot.
10 Tips for Best Dallas A/C Cooling in Extreme Heat: Cooling DFW in 100+ Degree Heat
- Keep the a/c thermostat at a steady temperature; 76 to 78 degrees indoors is a starting point.
Some think that turning the a/c off during the day saves money on energy bills: it does not. When turned off all day – the a/c has to work so hard to cool down a totally hot space that it actually uses more energy! And, you (and your house!) are hot for hours.
- Close doors and vents in unused spaces: don’t cool what you don’t use.
- Install shade or thermal curtains on sunny side windows of home or office; this also includes doors with glass panels.
Thermal insulating, energy-efficient curtains are available at reasonable prices at Walmart.com, BigLots.com, Amazon.com and more.
- Do not use the oven for indoor cooking during heat of the day (just like the early pioneers!).
- Do not run indoor clothes dryers during the heat of the day.
Or the dishwasher – or any appliance that generates heat.
- Turn down the a/c thermostat a couple degrees at night.
You will sleep better – and the a/c has to work less to cool your home during evening hours.
- Use a Digital Thermostat. (Don’t have one?! Call Integrity A/C and let us install one for you!)
Digital Thermostats are more accurate and can be programmed to set different temperatures for specific times of the day.
- CHANGE YOUR A/C FILTER!
Changing the air conditioner filter really does have a HUGE effect. A totally clogged filter can result in a/c breakdown during extreme heat.
- Maintain Your A/C! (See Integrity A/C July A/C Tune Up Coupon).
Like running a car for 100,000 miles without an oil change – never maintaining your air conditioner could mean a total a/c breakdown at the worst time.
- Shade the A/C outdoor unit, if possible.
In times of extreme heat – an unused beach (or patio) umbrella can be re-purposed to provide shade for the outdoor unit. (However be careful not to block or touch the coils.)
We hope a sudden a/c breakdown never happens to you! If you need Emergency A/C or HVAC Service 24/7 –
Integrity Air Conditioning Emergency AC Service 972-270-1244
24 Hours/Day – 365 Days/Year. Holidays Included.
We Work on All Makes and Models | Home and Commercial HVAC
Got Emergency Home Air Conditioning or Commercial HVAC Repair Needs? Our Repair Techs Available 24/7 for Emergency Service.
Integrity Air Conditioning: We HONESTLY CARE For Your Comfort
Residential and Commercial – A/C, Heating, HVAC, Indoor Air Quality.
Dallas Family Owned, Family Operated Since 1999
Since 1999, Integrity Air Conditioning is a Dallas area family owned and family operated HVAC Services company providing air conditioning, heating and indoor air quality services; residential ac and heating and commercial HVAC.
Founded by Ben Green in 1999, we have continuously provided professional HVAC repairs and services to improve the comfort and energy efficiency of our clients’ homes, offices, churches and commercial facilities.
HVAC Service with Honesty and Integrity
Serving residents of the Dallas area, we provide fast, efficient HVAC service and install with honesty and integrity. Our certified and experienced heating and air conditioning techs do not ‘work on commission’.
We will never try to sell you something you do not need. If a new air conditioning or heating system replacement is needed – we evaluate your home or commercial facility and recommend the best options for your space – and your budget.
Integrity Air Conditioning is Here for You in the Dallas Area
Whether you need heating, air conditioning, healthy air quality or energy efficient insulation – Integrity Air Conditioning is here for you.
We Serve the Dallas Area: Dallas, Irving, Euless, Plano, Frisco, Garland, Richardson, Mesquite, Rowlett, Rockwall, Wylie, Sachse, Forney, Sunnyvale, Waxahachie and Surrounding Areas.
• Air Conditioning Repair – We work on all brands, Residential and Commercial.
• Heating Repair – We work on all brands, Residential and Commercial.
• Commercial HVAC Services – We work on all brands.
• 24/7 Emergency Service Available – Residential and Commercial.
• VIP Discounts Club – Semi-annual Maintenance Tune-ups, valuable free services plus discounts and repairs.
• Air Conditioning Maintenance – Reduce your energy bills by scheduling maintenance service for your A/C system.
• Heating Maintenance – Reduce your energy bills by scheduling maintenance service for your furnace.
• Central Air Conditioning and Mini-Splits – We install central units and mini-split air conditioners, all brands.
• Ductwork Repair and Sealing – Leaky ducts cause your money to escape as hot air; and can create hot and cold spots.
• Indoor Healthy Air and Air Quality – Breathe clean, healthy air indoors! North Texas allergies can be severe; breathe comfortably.
Integrity Air Conditioning – Contact Us
24/7 Emergency Service in the DFW Area
No-Obligation, No-Risk, Free Estimates on New Installs