What is Indoor Air Quality?
Invisible irritants. A variety of indoor air pollutants can trigger allergic reactions and respiratory ailments. Some airborne pollutants (like mold) are microscopic organisms, while others are chemical compounds or particulates.
Asthma affects about 23 million Americans, including 7 million children. Attacks and reactions can be triggered by everything from foods to exercise. If you or a member of your family suffers from asthma or allergies, controlling the air quality in your home can reduce symptoms.
Commonly inhaled household allergens include dust mites, pet dander, pollen, mold, and cockroach.
Take Control of Your Home’s Indoor Air Quality
As with any indoor air quality problem, it’s important to begin by ensuring adequate ventilation and air cleaning. Energy recovery ventilation systems, air cleaners, improved HVAC filtration, in-duct humidifier maintenance, and duct cleaning, sealing and insulating can all help. An aggressive cleaning campaign is essential as well.
The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America recommends the encasement of pillows, mattresses and box springs and weekly laundering of bedding. Vacuuming twice weekly with a model equipped with a HEPA filter or special double filter bag and damp-cloth dusting are also advised.
Integrity Air Conditioning can help evaluate your home’s efficiency and indoor air quality to better provide an understanding to the sources and solutions for your specific home’s needs.
Are Mold, Must and Dampness the Cause?
Recent studies show that damp houses may be a cause of asthmatic attacks and allergic reactions — and even of developing asthma in the first place — because excess moisture allows mold to thrive. Mold spores, particles from dead mold, and digested bits of the substrate upon which the mold grew can all contribute to reactions the studies suggest. Dust mites also rely upon warm humid conditions. They die when the humidity falls below 40 to 50 percent and are not usually found in dry climates.
We just moved into an older home and my allergies are worse now. Could it be the ductwork?
Yes! Although you cannot see it, properly installed and correctly functioning ductwork is vitally important to the safe and efficient operation of your HVAC system or home air conditioning and furnace system.
- Deteriorating or broken air ducts increase allergies by circulating dust, dirt and insulation from the attic to the inside your home or office.
- In older homes, as the foundation shifts over the years – ductwork pulls away from joins and can break.
- Most older homes have several ductwork breaks and routinely lose conditioned air into the attic. And worse for allergies: air duct breaks usually result in attic air circulating into living spaces, bringing attic dust and particulates inside.
- See Integrity A/C Current Coupon Specials.
Integrity Air Conditioning – We Honestly Care For Your Comfort
Residential and Commercial – A/C, Heating, HVAC, Indoor Air Quality.
Dallas Family Owned, Family Operated Since 1999
Integrity Air Conditioning, LLC, is a Dallas area family owned and family operated HVAC Services company providing air conditioning, heating and indoor air quality services; residential and commercial HVAC.
Founded by Ben Green in 1999, we have continuously provided professional HVAC repairs and services to improve the comfort and energy efficiency of our clients’ homes, offices, churches and commercial facilities.
HVAC Service with Honesty and Integrity
Serving residents of the Dallas area, we provide fast, efficient HVAC service and install with honesty and integrity. Our certified and experienced HVAC techs do not ‘work on commission’.
We will never try to sell you something you do not need. If a new air conditioning or heating system replacement is needed – we evaluate your home or commercial facility and recommend the best options for your space – and your budget.
Integrity Air Conditioning is Here for You in the Dallas Area
Whether you need heating, air conditioning, healthy air quality or energy efficient insulation – Integrity Air Conditioning is here for you.
• Air Conditioning Repair – We work on all brands, Residential and Commercial.
• Heating Repair – We work on all brands, Residential and Commercial.
• Commercial HVAC Services – We work on all brands.
• 24/7 Emergency Service Available – Residential and Commercial.
• VIP Discounts Club – Semi-annual Maintenance Tune-ups, valuable free services plus discounts and repairs.
• Air Conditioning Maintenance – Reduce your energy bills by scheduling maintenance service for your A/C system.
• Heating Maintenance – Reduce your energy bills by scheduling maintenance service for your furnace.
• Central Air Conditioning and Mini-Splits – We install central units and mini-split air conditioners, all brands.
• Ductwork Repair and Sealing – Leaky ducts cause your money to escape as hot air; and can create hot and cold spots.
• Indoor Healthy Air and Air Quality – Breathe clean, healthy air indoors! North Texas allergies can be severe; breathe comfortably.
Integrity Air Conditioning – Contact Us
24/7 Emergency Service in the DFW Area.
No-Obligation, No-Risk, Free Estimate on New Installs